In The Round
The horizontal sludge-dewatering system from In The Round Dewatering has a stainless steel drum with perforated tile lining. The drum is mounted on a roll-off frame for easy transportation and unloading.
Water trays allow for containment of discharge water. An 18,000- to 25,000-gallon batch is mixed with polymer before being filtered in the rotating drum, driven by a 1/2 hp variable-speed electric motor with a heavy-duty chain and sprocket.
The turning eliminates crusting and wet pockets, producing uniform, consistent results. The dewatered material dumps easily, and the drum is self-cleaning. Dewatering is complete after one night.
Unit as seen on this page can be rented or purchased at a heavily discounted price.
Please contact us for more detailed information regarding this unit.
If interested please contact us at
- Steel drum with self-cleaning PVC Filter tiles with interlocking modular construction
- Mounted on roll-off frame with integrated tie-down straps for easy transport
- Unit length is 20’ and 7’6” wide
- Power requirements: ½ hp
- Fill time: 1½ — 2½ hours
- Run capacity: 18K — 25K gallons
- Can be filled multiple times before rotating
- Operating speed one revolution every 2 hours
- Maximum speed - two revolutions per hour
- Dried solids:
- Sewage Sludge range 18% — 24%
- Septic Sludge range 20% — 30%
- Grease Trap waste usually runs between that of sewage and septic sludge
- Typical dewatering time is overnight
- Dryness greatly impacted by exact conditions and polymer used, but no liquid remains when finished. Dried solids typically 4 — 7 tons