Decanter centrifuges are used to process un-weighted and weighted, water-based and oil-based drilling fluids (muds). Mechanical energy is utilized to increase the gravitational force exerted on solids that are present in the mud. The Decanter Centrifuges are able to apply over 3,000 G-forces on the liquid/solids mixture, which separates the heavier solids from the lighter solids in the carrier fluid. Mechanical separation of solids from the mud system through the use of a decanter centrifuge is a highly-effective means of maintaining proper mud weight and viscosity.
When used in conjunction with other solids control equipment, the decanter centrifuge enables users to maintain the mud properties within the prescribed range as per the drilling program. Typically, the decanting centrifuge is the final processing unit in the arrangement of solids control equipment. The centrifuge is preceded by gumbo removal equipment (if utilized), Shale Shakers, Mud Cleaners (if utilized), Vacuum degassers, and Hydrocyclones.
- Patented design with best materials of construction for long and reliable service.
- Bowl Cylindrical and Conical section made from Duplex Stainless Steel 2205 by centrifugal casting.
- Other Parts of the bowl assembly material: stainless steel SS316L.
- Screw protection: Tungsten Carbide Tiles for longer life easy replacement.
- Screw flow distribution port and bowl solids discharge port protected by tungsten carbide wear plates.
- Easily adjustable liquid discharge weir height.
- Pressurized EX Proof VFD control cabinet with PLC.
- Genuine SKF bearings for longer and reliable operation.
- Oilfield drilling mud
- Barite recovery
- Fines separation
- Crude tank bottoms
- Oily sludge
- Sewage sludge
- Industrial waste stream
- Dewatering of sludges and suspensions